Sunday 9 December 2007

It's Raining AGAIN!!!!

Wow, I can't believe it! It is raining again. Grant the fact it is just a gentle rain and not a downpour, I still wish it would go away. It so rarely rains here it seem strange - and it is cold, well, cold for here 53F. BRRRR!!!

I have a little something different to show you today. I do some quilting. I took beginner's classes last year. I made a set of 6 placemats for my sister, Sherry - the Texas sister. She has her big country kitchen done in roosters and I thought she might like these. They are going into the mail on Monday.


I also received a package in the mail Saturday from my BFF Beatrice. Look what she found in a quilt shop while shopping for fabric for her mother's Dutch quilt. I am a very proud Canadian and will be out shopping for fabric to make this after I get a few other projects done.

If you notice that I am not commenting on blogs much lately, please forgive me. I am reading them but we have some issues here with the wireless and it cuts out quite suddenly. Many times I have typed out a great (in my mind) comment and it refuses to go through. Am I the only one having trouble with the comments? I try to read all your blogs. I so enjoy all the different projects that everyone is working on!!! Keep stitching one and all

16 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

53 degrees. Wow, we'd take it here in OK. It's raining, but it's also freezing as it hits. Your quilt looks great, and you're so lucky to have Beatrice as a BFF.

Chiloe said...

Hi! First time on your blog! I love this maple quilt! I also love the tree you are stitching but couldn't enlarge it ... blogger still have a life on its own ;-) I'll add you to my blogger reading!

Anonymous said...

Aww those placemats are going to look great in a Rooster themed kitchen!

mainely stitching said...

I've had a similar problem with comments made to Blogger blogs. Frustrating!

Your quiliting is awesome - your sis will treasure her gift, and I can't wait to see you do the maple leaf!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Dearest Kathy...those are the "SWEETEST" placemats for a big country rooster kitchen. "ahem" I have a big country rooster/hen kitchen if your in the mood to make some more :)
and your BFF Beatrice sent you a lovely pattern...can't wait to see those done up!

Beatrice said...

I'm glad you like the pattern for the Maple Leaf quilt. I knew it would hit Home!!
The place mats are wonderful..Sherry will love them!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay Kathy I'm glad you got those placemats done!

I was wondering why you had been so quiet lately. The internet problems explain it all!

Ranae said...

The placemats are fabulous.
Love the Maple leaf pattern.
What a great friend you have in beatrice.
I think everyone experiences internet problems sometime or another.

Stephanie said...

Lovin' the quilting photos in this post - the rooster ones for your sister are great, and I LOVE the maple leaf - I'm a proud Canadian myself...if only I quilted ;)

Hope the weather clears up soon - if it gets really bad, just think how much worse it is in Ontario!!

Anonymous said...

The last part of November and the first week this month I was having problems posting comments. I think it's blogger - internet issues are well, a whole other issue! :) Love the rooster!

Anonymous said...

And that anonymous thing was my fault - can't blame blogger on that one. Sorry!

Hazel said...

I love patchwork. One day I am hoping to learn. I don't have a sewing machine though so it will probably be done by hand. Yours looks wonderful. xx

Cheryl said...

I love the placemats! Im a new quilter. Will look forward to seeing you work on the maple leaf one :)

Alberta said...

Kathy, that pieced maple leaf is going to be gorgeous!

Like you, I'm also having more than the occasional comment not go through.

Hope your stitching has no frogs and your deck renovation goes smoothly.

Merry Christmas!

Stitchy Princess said...

Oh, lovely! I've been having lots of problems with blogger comments lately, too.

Anonymous said...

Sherry does love her placemats and will cherish them FOREVER> They are most precious to me as they were made with Kathys own hands and every stich is the seam that binds us as Sisters.
I Love You Big Sis!!!