Thursday 9 December 2010

What a time!

  Hello one and all. Here I am back from our Mexican vacation! We had an okay time. The weather was not the greatest and the food was bad but the beach was gorgeous and the service at the resort was wonderful.



And the sunset - spectacular!!!!!
One good thing - I did get lots of stitching done. Unfortunately, I can't show it to you.

I do have a few other things to share though.

Joan let me know that she received the squares I sent her for the Fair and Square Exchange.
I stitched her Ink Circles Stain Glass Tree from the 2010 JCS Ornament magazine on 32 count antique white lugana with the recommended colors.

In my mailbox, was this lovely ornament exchange from Rowyn. The design is Just Nan's Christmas Wishes.
Included were some lovely goodies including a gorgeous green 28 count fabric called "Leprechaun". Love that name. Thanks Rowyn for such wonderful gifts.


Jill also let me know that she has received the personal exchange I sent here.  Jill, as you know, is a peacock collector and also does some pink stitches in honor of her friend.  And so her package contained -

The Holiday Peacock by Courtney Collection from the 2010 JCS Ornament magazine on 32 count hand dyed mauve opalescent fabric from a new Canadian company called Ayrloom fabrics. It is stitched with Vikki Clayton's Black Rasperry silk. Included was a peacock purse, a peacock necklace, and a mauve whatnot bag.



For her pink stitch I stitched her a freebie design on the same opalescent fabric and included Pink Ribbon scissors and  made her a pink fob with a pink ribbon charm. Included was some 32 count linen - Carnation Pink and a few other little goodies.

Yesterday, I picked up my Royal Holiday from Michaels. They did a wonderful job of framing her. The mat is burgundy velvet and the frame has burgundy in the gold.

I am going to bring her back to Canada with me as well as Winter Queen. I will hang the two of them together and as my friend Missy Ann says - they can outsnoot (Is this a word?) each other.

Look at my new toy - a Pandigital ereader. I have heard good things about this particular reader and am ready to try it. I just bought it yesterday and so I have a learning curve ahead.


I wonder if anyone can help me out here. I have tried ebay with no luck so -
I am looking for Quiltmaker Magazine July/August 2004. It is the fourth part of a quilt that I am interested in doing.

Till next one - keep those needles singing!

19 comments:

Cheryl said...

Nice to hear from you again! Sorry your vacation wasnt as great as you hoped.
Love all the stitchy pics! Royal Holiday looks really beautiful, i would just stare at it with pride all the time if i had stitched that

Patty C. said...

Thank God for the Beach !!

Belinda said...

Glad you got lots of stitching done on your holiday Kathy, the photos of the beach do look beautiful.

Royal holiday is so pretty, I think her and Winter Queen will go very well sitting next to each other. I am actually going to do the same with my feather fairy and halloween fairy (once I stitch her).

Lots of lovely stitching there, I especially like the pink stitch.

Daffycat said...

Oooo, lovely pictures! I'm glad it was a nice getaway.

Beautiful exchanges and your frame up is spectacular!

Missy Ann said...

Lovely pictures. Royal Holiday is a stunner! Outsnoot - snoot off, snooty snot, I've got more... lol

Welcome to the world of ereaders! I hope you get as much happy out of yours that I have from mine.

Veronica said...

Love the gorgeous sunset pic! Your finishings are so lovely. Outsnoot eh? That made me LOL!

Brigitte said...

Holidays at the beach - sounds like heaven when being snowed in, lol. Nice to hear that you had a good time there.
YOU sent and received some lovely exchanges. And Royal Holiday looks absolutely gorgeous.

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear your vacation didn't turn out quite as expected but I'm glad they're were some enjoyable times.
Your exchange pieces are great! I especially love that peacock. Great job!

Tracy J said...

Royal Holiday looks fabulous!

Clara said...

Royal Holiday is astonishing! So beautiful and ... royal! Love the pictures and the goodie you received! Lucky girl!
Glad to know that your kitchen is white and blue too. Enjoy your weekend, Clara.

Carol said...

Beautiful sunset photo, but now as beautiful as Royal Holiday! She is just amazing, Kathy :)

Marylin /Poussy said...

Hi Kathy, oh your cushions are just wonderful, the one with peace, joy and love is delicious, the Christmas fairy is a marvel, you have a real talent ...
I wish you a happy day, full of love.

Wendy said...

Ooh that sounds like a nice vacation in Mexico!! Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Nice work on Royal holiday. I love the frame as well, great work!!

Cathy B said...

Lots of great stitching both sent and received. That sunset and the warm beach sure looks really good right now -- we're trying to dig out from under 20 inches of snow!

staci said...

Sorry to hear that your vacation was less than spectacular, although the beach and sunset look lovely.

Gorgeous exchanges...and your framed Royal Holiday is STUNNING!!!

Sue said...

We went to Mexico (Cancun) a few years ago and felt the same way. The ocean and sunsets are gorgeous though ;)

Aussie Stitcher said...

The sunset is gorgeous, what a pity about the rest of the holiday. Royal Holiday is stunning, when she is hung next to 'her competition' you will need to share.

Jennifer said...

Great vacation pictures!

That Royal Holiday is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Carolien said...

Your Royal Holiday is really royal, so beautiful!