It is TUSAL day. I found this wonderful frog at a sale and thought he would make an excellent container for this month's orts. He is a greedy little fella and has eaten plenty of those orts.
I have been away from the net for a bit. The weather has finally improved and my DH and I have been doing plenty of gardening. We spent a week visiting our youngest son and his family. While we were there, we planted trees, shrubs, bushes, plants and flowers in their newly landscaped yard. And I finished grandson Jack's quilt while we were there - with him asking me quite often if it was done yet LOL.
All that digging and planting made me want to do our home. We have spent the last several days landscaping our yard. We had some old overgrown cedar trees out front. After cutting them done, pulling up a million roots and getting rid of the stumps we relandscaped our front. I am very happy with the new look.
Berit was the winner of my blogaversary and she received a $25 gift certificate to Knowledge and Needles and Ann (the owner) filled the envelope with free stuff from her shop. I hope she liked her gifts.
I was the 500th commenter on Kathy's blog and it was for an ornament finish of my choice. I sent her a set of Fair Squares that I did not quite know what to do with. This is the wonderful ornament she returned to me. I was thrilled with her awesome finishing and now I can hang this with great joy and pride. Thank you so much Kathy!!!
My friend Dani is working on a series of squares that will be made into a quilt. Here are the two squares I stitched for her.
I have done some more work on Fairies in the Garden. I love each of the little fairies as they appear.
I have received the latest Mirabilia RR and am stitching away. Isn't this gorgeous! It is Christmas Elegance done in shadow boxes. You can see my progress on the bottom right. I hope to finish it this week.
Do you remember my Jardin Prive? I had bought a 1/2 yard of fabric for this one and my friend Beatrice has decided she wanted to do this piece as well. I offered to have her take the bottom 1/2 of her fabric for her piece. When I went to get the bill for the fabric I realized I had bought 28 count fabric instead of 32 and would not have enough room to do all three parts of the sampler. Thank goodness I discovered it before I got too far. So, I started over and stitched madly. Here is my progress now. I love this one!!
28 count on the left and the new 32 on the right.
As if my plate wasn't full enough I have joined a Band Sampler RR starting in early July and a Seasonal Exchange due August 1st.
Until the next time, keep those needles smoking. Mine had better be smoking like crazy lol.