Tuesday 20 January 2015

Madame Muriel goes to Niagara on the Lake

I sure have some catching up to do. I have some updates from Madame Muriel.

"Madame Muriel here"

I am a little unhappy with my hostess these days. She brought me to Arizona, popped me on her stitching trunk and there I have stayed. Grant it the weather is beautiful and sunny and I have a great view of her life, but really! Either spend time with me or send me on!

Since my hostess has been so neglectful, I have decided to fill you in on my trip to Niagara on the Lake in late September. What a beautiful little town!

Miss Kathy and two of her friends took me on a tour of this lovely old town. Niagara on the Lake is the home of the painter Trisha Romance (an American born Canadian) who paints the most wonderful paintings using the town as its back drop.
As we walked the streets we were greeted by a couple of local tour guides. They were delighted to have their photo taken with me.



Walking along the street we saw The Owl and The Pussycat - the oldest building in town and featured in Ms Romance's painting.

We also saw the Prince of Wales Hotel and the courthouse - featured in Ms. Romance's paintings too!



Our next stop was the Trisha Romance Gallery. Oh my! What a gorgeous Victorian home and the paintings were remarkable.
Here I am in front of the Gallery


and on the newel post

Kathy's friends on the porch


the back of this remarkable gallery


We hopped in the car and drove a short distance out of town to Ms. Romance beautiful home..
Here I am in front of the house 


and on the fence. Can you see me? Sometimes I feel like "Where's Waldo" lol.



It was a lovely afternoon and a wonderful visit to a gorgeous Victorian town. I can see where Trisha Romance got her inspiration.

My next post will be about the trip to Hilton Head, SC and the wonderful cruise that my hostess took me on.

Until then, may you find joy in your stitches.

9 comments:

Carolien said...

Wow Kathy, I am very sorry to say this, I don't have it often, but I'm soooo jealous now! Wow, how I would have loved to be there too. Did I say WOW already?
No, dear Kathy, how wonderful, how lovely for you!!! :)

Hugs, Carolien

Barbi said...

Looks like Madame Muriel is visiting some beautiful places!

Beatrice said...

I'm glad to see Murial had fun in Niagra on the lake!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see more of the Travelling Granny's Adventures. Looks like she met a real life Muriel in that photo!

cucki said...

Looks like Madame Muriel is visiting some beautiful places....so much fun..
big hugs x

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

OH what a beautiful town and buildings! Granny, she's busy!

Anna van Schurman said...

What a quaint little town!

Brigitte said...

Oh, what a wonderful place to visit and to walk around taking in this great atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.

stitcherw said...

What a lovely tour of the town Madam Muriel gave us, loved looking at all the pictures. Everything looks so green and warm, can't wait for summer to come back. Looks like a fun place to visit :)
Sue