Sunday 14 October 2007






Here if my second biscornu. Well, Beatrice and I worked on this one together. We have a Thursday stitcher named Judie who has been stitching Good Night, Sleep Tight for months. It is a very large piece and has cows wearing quilts in a pasture. She has said she never wanted to see a cow again. Beatrice and I decided that she needed a souvenir after all that work. I stitched one side, Beatrice the other. Beatrice put it together while I was in Texas and we gave it to her last Thursday. She loved it and says she will have to hide it from her daughter.


Here is Carol's house in her neighborhood. This is a house from Just Cross Stitch magazine April 2003. The design is from Brown House Studios. I think it suited the neighborhood. It was fun to stitch - all done with one strand. I spent the rest of my time working on my Book of Little Stitches re-doing the area that I had to rip out. I am back to where I started.


13 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the house you chose for Carol's RR Neighbourhood. Very nice!
Your Biscornu is really cute. I've yet to try one. Are they difficult?

Dani - tkdchick said...

The cows are cute!

You picked just the right design for Carol's RR!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that biscornu is adorable lol.

That's a great choice of house for Carols RR. I love it!

Wendy said...

Great house for Carol's RR -I love it! And your biscornu(s) are wonderful!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love the biscornu and what you stitched for Carol's RR. Thanks for letting me know which issue the little book comes from, it is such a cute design.

Beatrice said...

Wasn't that Biscornu fun.
The house for Carol is wonderful and so fine .... done with one strand. I love the look.
You did a good choice and a good job.

Michelle said...

Love the cow biscornu! What a cute gift! Carol's RR looks wonderful. I love that house and the tree. It fits perfectly with her neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you also make me smile with all of your kind remarks about my stitching and whatnot and I hope I get to meet you irl when you are in az.

mainely stitching said...

The house you stitched for Carol's NRR is GREAT!! Love the colors as well as the design. :)

Hazel said...

The biscornu is sooo cute! Love the rr. The house looks fab. xx

Jenny said...

Love the cow biscournu and the RR piece. I did a neighborhood RR a few years ago and really enjoyed it. :)

Carol said...

I love my RR so much - thank you! The biscornu is cute and well made! I am trying to figure out what the motifs on it are - LOL!!

Beatrice said...

Have a look at my Blog...I have a surprise for you there.