Monday, 25 February 2008
This has not been a great week for me stitching wise. I seem to have lost my stitching mojo. I have done very little stitching this week and just seem to want to sit and vegetate in the evenings instead of stitching. My mind and hands seem to be in neutral.
I worked on one small piece of stitching for a gift and got 1/2 way through only to realize I had made a major error that was not repairable and had to pitch the entire piece in the trash and start again!!
I am also a beginning quilter and have been working on a pieced flamingo. Well, after cutting and piecing it, it was time to put the front and back together. - Result - they don't line up. So, next to my mystery piece in the trash can is one pink flamingo!!!!
My camera has gone to the manufacturer for repair and I have not heard that it has been received yet so I will have to wait to see if and when it will be repaired. So, no photos.
Well, maybe I will answer the tag and there will be something at least mildly interesting for you to read. I will not tag anyone since this tag has been around the blog and back again
Seven weird things about yourself.
1. I love sci-fi, fantasy movies and series. I love Star Wars, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter - anything that takes me into that magical world of witches, wizards, dragons and impossible dreams.
2. I am an ex-smoker of 8 years who would start again tomorrow if it would not kill me. I am going to buy myself a package of cigarettes for my 80th birthday since by then I will have lived plenty long enough.
3. I LOVE pizza and try to eat it at least once a week.
4. I am a list and note maker. My family call me "The Queen of the Sticky Notes".There are notes and lists everywhere you look - all over my computer desk, beside the phone, beside the calender, on the end table in the living room, on the fridge - I think you get the picture.
5. I love my fleece sheets and feather duvet.
6. I read and collect books by Anne McCaffrey, Diana Gabaldon and Bertice Small.
7. Someday, I want to meet a dragon.
Well, there you go - now you know all my little secrets!!!
Take care everyone and I sure hope my stitching mojo returns soon. I have lots of WIP's that are just sitting looking at me.
Tuesday, 19 February 2008
Friday, 15 February 2008
This is the view as we pulled into Ensenada. The weather was not the best here and the town was not the best either. I walked off the ship, took one look around and got back on and stitched the afternoon away.
I hope you have enjoyed my photos from the trip. I did a little stitching so I will post that the next time.
I have missed everyone and will look at all your blogs over the next few days and catch up on all your adventures. I am happy to be home and back online!!!
Tuesday, 5 February 2008
DH and are are off on Friday for a 6 night 5 day cruise of the Mexican Riviera with 17 of our closest friends. This will be our first cruise and we are so very excited (me more than DH). I will be offline until the 15th. Internet is very limited and expensive on the cruise ship. Hopefully, by the time I return, my laptop will be back in operation.
Take good care everyone. Keep those stitching fingers busy. I look forward to seeing all your amazing progresses once I return.
Saturday, 2 February 2008
To add to the wrinkles, this morning my computer crashed for the second time in two weeks. The repair man is coming tomorrow. If I seem to have vanished for a bit, I will reappear once I am back online. I miss everyone and I want to know what you are all doing.
See you soon hopefully.