Monday 12 January 2009

Well, I still have a problem with the blue underlining. Will have to contact Barbara of Mainely Stitching again. I accidentally deleted one photo and now I am okay. Will try to add the photo after I finish writing my blog today.
We survived our week with the grandchildren. As the week went on, it got much better. We were starting to develop a routine. The children had a wonderful holiday and are back into parenting mode full time. Seems they really missed their children and could hardly wait to get home. They say, next time, they are taking the children with them on holidays.
Yesterday, I got to spend the afternoon with my friend Dani. We were not as chatty as we usually were but we were heavy into our stitching. Dani gifted me with this gorgeous scissor fob - stitched over one. It is just the most beautiful thing and it adorns my scissors already.Front
Back

Here is my progress on Mirabilia's Winter Holiday. I know, it still looks like a brown blob. Maybe someday soon, it will look like a dress or some such.
And out of the deepest, darkest place in my stitching bag, I pulled out this old friend. I backstitched Noddy, his friends and the car. I finished the half stitches at the bottom of this page. When I actually take the time to stitch on this, it goes very quickly as it is on 14 count aida and the color changes are not too crazy. My aim is to have this entire piece finished by the time I return from Arizona at the end of April.
During this last week, I painted Jack's bedroom. His quilt is in place, the curtains are hung and the decals are on the wall. He is very happy with his CAT machine room. Today is his 4th birthday. I also painted the ensuite bathroom for the grown up children. This week I will paint the master bedroom and then their entire house will be painted.
We are hoping to spend some time with our friends and then we fly back to Arizona on Friday. It will be nice to be warm again. The forecast here for this week is -17C to -20C. That Arizona sunshine is gonna feel good.
Well, I'm off to post to the Mirabilia blog. Take care all and happy stitching.

13 comments:

Becky K in OK said...

Beautiful fob. Dani does such great work. BTW, she's the one who alterted me to your fondess for nutcrackers.

Annemarie said...

My goodness, you've been busy, Kathy! Painting and babysitting and stitching too! I'm impressed :o)
I hope by the time you get home your Neighbourhood will be there waiting for you!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous scissor fob from Dani! You have been busy...want to do any more painting before you leave for the desert?

Wendy said...

That's so wonderful that scissor fob! Nice progress on the Mirabilia one. I love the Noddy one too.

Beatrice said...

That is a pretty fob from Dani...oooo over one....nice!
Wish Jack a Happy Birthday!
Glad the kids had fun. Love the brown blob...lol!

staci said...

What a beautiful fob :) That's great that you were able to get together to stitch before you head back to AZ!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Kathy,

Glad to hear that you and your
DH survived the week with your
grandsons. Sounds like a lot
of fun and a lot of running
around.

And you've been busy putting
Jack's room together for him.
No wonder he's thrilled. You
are SUPERGRANDMA!!!

Lucky you and Dani getting to
spend some quality stitching
time together. That fob she
made for you is gorgeous!!
Love the red!

Lots of progress on Noddy
and his gang. It's looking
good, and brings back fond
memories of Enid Blyton and
her wonderful books for me.
It doesn't appear that there's
too much left to do on this
project.

It must be nice to have such
a big crowd gather together
for Christmas, albeit a lot
work. This year, with Mom
in Rehab, it was just DH, me
and my SIL. I've always
wondered what it would be like
to have a big family Christmas.

Your square for Debbi's Winter
Neighbourhood turned out great.
I love the horse and sleigh.

I have to laugh when I read
about all your posting woes.
First pictures posted sideways
and now sentences underlined
in blue. Your computer truly
has a mind of it's own.

Snow on the way again tonight.
And did you see those temps for
Wed. and Thurs?? Nasty!!

Cheers!

Laura said...

Gorgeous fob from Dani! And your Noddy WIP is very cute.

Joyus said...

Lovely Fob and great progress on you WIPs.

I'm impressed with your painting efforts - anytime you're bored please feel free to invite yourself to ours LOL.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

How big is Noddy...it looks as if it could cover a wall! You go girl - YOU are a better person than I, that is for sure...I'd have given Noddy the big HEAVE HO!

Cindy F. said...

OK...question! Where do you purchase your cape?? Cause I know you must be Wonder Woman!! Jeez!
How do you get so much done in a short amount of time?
LOVE the fob from Dani! Wonderful gift!
Beautiful progress on Mira and Noddy!
And I'm sure your home interior decorating is awesome too!

Stitchingranny said...

Isn't it just so frustrating when you spend all day stitching and all you get is a blob - I am going through the same thing at the moment with water tiger, just longing it to look like something lol.

Noddy looks great and will be delightful when done.

Now I am confused - I admit it does not take a lot but how come you spend the afternoon with Dani when she is in Canada and you are in Arizona and I thought they were a long way apart - maybe it just my geography thats out - lol it was along time ago that i was at school (in fact too many years for me to even remember taking geography).

Kajsa said...

Lucky you, Dani's stitching is always gorgeous!

Isn't it fun when you dig around and find these old wip's? Some doesn't even take that long to finish.