I don't know what it is these days but blogging seems to be difficult. I start out with the best plans to post once a week and then I procrastinate for several days. I am not normally a procrastinator so I just don't understand why. Finally this morning I am sitting down for an update.
My stitching progess has slowed considerably. I am suffering from tendonitis in my stitching elbow and it makes stitching painful. That really frustrates me. I am stitching on a couple of things I can't show you - an ornament for an exchange and a birthday gift for a dear friend.
I do have a couple of things to show you though. You haven't seen the lighthouses for a while so here is an update. There were 5 boats stitched when this RR returned home to me. I have been stitching boats - lots and lots of boats. My BFF Beatrice has taken it home. She has stitched a few boats and now I have stitched many more. Only 18 more to go and another lighthouse and some small things to add in some of the empty spaces. Do you think I will ever see this one finished?
I have started a Christmas stocking for my nephew Ryan. He played hockey for many years and I thought this might be his kinda stocking. Not much progress but I can say I started it LOL.
Ok, now some pictures of my new home - If you don't want to see them, just skip to the end. Warning: Photo Intensive - like about 20 or so
4. Sewing room - storage for stitching stash. Those baskets hold stitched gifts.
6. Stitching chair upstairs in living room - Mirabilia RR beside my chair on wall
8. Cabinet found in antique store - now in living room with my Great Aunt's antique dinnerware
9. Sewing machine in same store company is called Raymond? - also in living room
14. Dining room - can't convince DH to lose the water cooler. High chair was given to my parents for me when I was born. Refinished and proudly sits in my dining room.
15. Lighthouse bathroom - Note - lighthouse cross stitch. My Hello Neighbor RR pillow on the shelf and the post cards - gifts from stitching friends. This the room that will require major renovations next year. It is stuck in the 80's.
16. Upstairs hallway - L&L - Nantucket Rose - stitched by Adriana who is now 94. My Sweetheart Tree RR hangs to the left. Little table is my Great Aunt's mending basket and sat at the top of the stairs when I was a child. Antique flour sack tablecloth was a gift from a friend. It belonged to her grandmother.
18. Master Bedroom.
Before we moved in this room was painted Pepto Bismol Pink with rose carpet. My DH and his brother installed my beautiful new hardwood floor and I painted the room. Still needs new lighting and window dressings. Can you see me in the dresser mirror taking pictures? LOL
20. Family room or as DH calls it - his Man Cave - my downstairs stitching chair - after all a girl needs a place to stitch.You can see my overfull stitching bag beside my chair!
21. Laundry Room - I did laundry at the laundromat for years. I am excited to have my own laundry room. DH doesn't get my excitement but I am sure you will!
There is one more bathroom but it's kinda plain. The garage - well that's a guy thing. and the yard - I forgot to take photos but I think you get the idea. Thanks for stopping by my new home.
Till next time. Keep on stitching. Wow, this took me over an hour to post!!!!! I'm exhausted.