Warning: This will be a photo intensive post!!!
Good morning everyone from frigid Arizona! That's right FRIGID!!! It was 36F this morning. What is up with that. The weatherman is calling for rain Monday and Tuesday. Did I stop for the winter in the wrong state????
Well, since I can't do anything outside I have worked on my new Mirabilia RR that will start in January. This time I have picked Christmas as my theme and I have gridded out a window. At least, I hope it looks like a window. This took me forever to stitch - it is only 4 rows thick. All I stitched for this entire week was DMC 535 in rows. Making the archway look like an archway took some doing. I tore it apart several times until I got the right look. I don't think I want to see that color again for a while.This fabric shows blue but it is actually a gorgeous green and cream called Wandering Ivy - Silkweaver 28 count lugana. Did I accomplish my mission?
I received the latest UFO RR in the mail this week. This is - The Good Huswife - Book of Spells. This is how it looks when I received it. I hope to get a lot accomplished on this one over the next few weeks. It looks like a fun stitch.
I have joined Measi's 2012 Wipocalpyse. Here is my list (photo intensive). I so hope I get some of these things marked off I need to be on a NO BUYING diet.
1. Jardin Prive - Sampler des Bouquets - I think I stand a chance of finishing this one.
2. Prairie Moon - Merry Xmas - for my son and DIL
3. LHN - Summer Splendor -it was a gift
4. Long Dog - Bagatelle - My Jan 1, 2011 start - not much accomplished here. Am I signing up for a new start in January 2012 - NO WAY!!!
5. 4 designers contributed - A Petit Sampling Etui - I am into this one to the tune of $150 and really should get it done. The fabric is gridded.
6. Glendon House - Witches Wheel - love this fabric!!!
7. LHN - Acorn Hill - it was a gift and has those two skeins of the world's most expensive silks lol
8. Point Loma Lighthouse - it was a gift
9.Handblessings - Hooked on Lighthouses - would make such a nice addition to my lighthouse guest room
10. Nora Corbett - Sunflower Fairy - this was a SAL that I failed at miserably
11. Birth Sampler - Quaker Teddy Bear - this child will be 2 this summer and not a stitch is done
12. LHN - Travelling Stitcher - been carrying this around forever. Bought the backing fabric 3 or more years ago.
13. Chatelaine's Desert Mandala - love this one and it cost me a fortune.
14. The Stitchwork - Malcolm the Moose Race Car - for my son who is a Dale Earnhardt collector
15. JBW ornament from 1997 - found this in the very bottom of my trunk
16. HAED - Peacock Lagoon - love this but what was I thinking????
17. Lynn Nicoletti - Hockey Player - grandson Jackson wants a hockey Christmas stocking and so I have to design one around this chart
18. Autumnal Abstract - another one that cost a fortune. Lent the chart to a friend. She has it stitched and framed and mine is stilll like this
19. Mill Hill - Queen Anne's House
20. Lizzie Kate - Christmas Rules - had this one forever
21. M Designs - Las Vegas tree - Juls - remember this one! - had this one for a long time too!
21a. Finish my current Mirabilia RR
22. New Mirabilia RR starting in January
23. UFO RR - ending in April
24. Band Sampler RR - ending in March
25. Band Sampler RR - starting in May
26. Twenty-twelve RR - nutcrackers - starting in January - with some new Facebook Friends
Wow, I am almost embarrassed to write it all down here. Hopefully, I will be able to accomplish some of this.
I will start with my Jardin Prive, then the baby sampler, then some of the smaller pieces to get them off that list. PLEASE, wish me luck.
If you made it to the end of this post, I appreciate you taking the time. I hope you have a wonderful stitching week and are frogless the entire time.