Friday 23 November 2012

TTL - TUSAL - November

Totally, Totally Late - TUSAL

I am so sorry. Between packing up, the 10 day trip to Arizona and cleaning out the dust and unpacking here, time just got away from me. I will try to be better about blogging more often.

And so, this post will be full, full, full. Please bear with me.

First up - my TUSAL post
Here is my martini glass with the threads that I have. They are mostly from my trip down. I stitch in the car and what a great stitching trip it was. I have 3 - can you believe it! - 3 finishes.

My finishes.

I finished LHN's Travelling Stitcher.

Now to make it into a project bag.

I finished  Prairie Moon's Merry Xmas.

I loved this one. I smiled at the quirkiness every time I stitched on it. It will now go to be framed and then given to my DIL who loves this sort of thing.

Just as I was leaving town, I received this pattern from my friend Dani. This is a Facebook travelling pattern. It is Lizzie Kate's - Good Things.
Here is my interpretation.



I took part in the Stitched with Love Exchange for the first time. Here is what I stitched for my partner and the goodies.
 

  EDITED: I received the most wonderful thank you note from my exchange partner this morning. I am happy that the package was received and liked.

Here is the lovely package I received from Melissa. I LOVE!!! her choice.

 

 This is from the Fall Cross Stitch and Needlework magazine and I believe it is a Jeannette Douglas design. I looked at the specialty stitches for the pumpkin in the magazine and loved the pattern but didn't want to tackle the stitches. Now I don't have to. Melissa said this was her first time finishing this way and I think she did a beautiful job. I am very happy with my first exchange and will sign for another one. And I certainly acknowledged her lovely package.

I took part in the ornament exchange with my friends from Knowledge and Needles. Here is the ornament I stitched and finished. It was won by my friend Judie. It is from one of the JCS Ornament magazines.



Now, for the extras.

I belong to the Sanman board and they were offering a special on tucks. Look at all the lovely little tucks I received!! What wonderful things I must find to stitch and put in each one.


I purchased these lovely fabrics from a new Fabric Dyer - on Facebook - Leslie of Under the Sea Fabrics. Aren't they gorgeous.



My birthday just doesn't want to end this year. I received this lovely gift from my friend Lynn - a door knocker. It is beautiful and I will hang it in the spring.


My friend Dani found this wonderful fabric for me!

I think my friends know me very well.

Can you believe that when we arrived in Arizona I did not stitch for 4 days!!! I couldn't believe it either. However, I have found my stitching mojo again. I have two round robins that should arrive in the next few days. Since I have three finishes I get to go through my stash and pick out two new starts! I try to keep 4 pieces in my rotation. I have my etui and desert mandala. I have added a nutcracker for my 3rd start. Now, what wonderful thing will be #4.

Until next time, take joy in your stitches and stay frog free!

22 comments:

Lianne said...

Hi Kathy!!

Glad to see you made it to Arizona and got your mojo back after all those finishes - they are beauties.

Your ornie from the retreat will be on the way to you tomorrow - sorry for the delay!

Take care,
Lianne

Vickie said...

Wonderful! Good for you.

Miss LindaLee said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful, newsy and fun post. I've even reread it. Beautiful stitching and you've gotten so much done. Way to go girl!
It's a shame that the lady you sent that great package to hasn't contacted you. I hope that will hear from her.
I'm going to see if I can order the chart "Good Things Come to Those Who Stitch". Seeing yours all done up makes me want it for sure. Love your color choices. You have a wonderful weekedn.

LindaLee from Cross’N My Stitches

Bonnie Brown said...

What a post!
Congrats on all your happy dances :)
Sorry to hear about the exchange... I still haven't heard from 2 people who I send scissor fobs to... A little frustrating :(
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound to arizona!

sandra said...

So many beautiful things! Love all your finishes!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens, what a feast for the eyes! Love your finishes - the Merry XMas one just tickles my funny bone. :D

Christina said...

Oh my goodness - a lighthouse door knocker - so you! ;0)
What a shame that your partner didn't send a thank you. Perhaps one was sent but you never received it? I hope that's the case - you sent her a beautiful exchange. Please don't let it put you off the stitched with love exchanges, they're fab!
Just off to look on FB for that beautiful dyed fabric. I'm tired of stitching on natural linen!

Terri said...

Congratulations on your finishes and welcome "home" to Arizona :D

Ranae said...

I'm glad to hear you made it to Arizona safe and sound
I have you beat, I haven't stitched in over a week or more, lol
I just love your PM finish, I have a couple and just love to look and fantasize about stitching them, lol
The exchanges look like they turned out awesome, too bad you didn't hear back about your end.
The nutcracker fabric is cute
Stay warm in the Arizona sun
I wish it would snow here, can't wait

Lisa V said...

WOW Kathy you sure have been busy.
I love the leaf pillow you stitched and finished for the exchange, its lovely, sorry to hear you havent been thanked for it.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

The exchange you sent out looks awesome - isn't that annoying that you went to all that trouble and you didn't get any feedback? Those pillow tucks are cool! Love the LHN chart you completed and oh my what gorgeous fabrics you bought - great post :) hugs, Amanda

Monique said...

So many wonderful pictures. I can't wait to see your "finished" stitching bag.

Annette-California said...

So many wonderful and beautiful stitched goodies you received. Lovely finishes (yours). You have been very busy:) WOW!!!
love Annette

ricketyjo said...

Congratulations on all those wonderful finishes! They look lovely :)

Catherine said...

Fabulous goodies and stitches!

Catherine said...

Great post of stitching and goodies!! Helpers you are all settled now!

lynda said...

What a fun post! Glad to hear you made it back to Arizona safely. I love to stitch in the car on long trips too...love your finishes! I'm sorry that your partner hasn't contacted you...mine hasn't either. This is the first time that has happened to me with this exchange group. Maybe we'll both hear something soon!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great pictures. How lucky to be able to stitch on the move. I can on a train or plane but not a car or bus.

I think the LHN Travelling Stitcher is the most perfect design for you and your journey.

I also love the Prairie Moon Merry Xmas, Hallowe'en and Xmas all in one!

I also like the Autumn band sampler, it's on my "want to stitch" list. Along with 1000 other designs!

Erin said...

I always look forward to your posts, Kathy...so many beautiful things!

Your exchange things are lovely. I have that Jeanette Douglas design on my "want to stitch" list, although I too am intimidated by the specialty stitches. I actually thought about just stitching the bottom pumpkin!

I was looking at the "Magic" pink fairy ornament just the other night, wondering if I could find an excuse to start another new thing. LOL

And those tucks are too cute!!

Margaret said...

Welcome "home" (well home to our part of the world anyway) :)

What a great post Kathy - lovely stitching, great exchanges, gifts & purchases.

I'm so amazed at the amount of stitching you got done on the trip down. Traveling Stitcher is so perfect for your journey.

hugs, Margaret

Lynn said...

Hi Kathy! How's the weather in Arizona? I'm glad to see the frogs haven't followed you. You have some beautiful finishes this month. The Prairie Moon Christmas looks fantastic!! I definitely need to stitch this for my son. It's so him.
I love your new fabric too. I'll have to check them out.
Dani found some perfect fabric for you! Love it!
I'm so glad you liked your gift and I'm only sorry I couldn't get it to you sooner.

Sharon said...

Kathy, all your finishes are beautiful. I love your Prairie Moon finish! I too get such a kick out of those designs.