Tuesday 22 July 2014

Muriel Arlene Myrtle Ethel Adelaine "Flat Flossie" St. Claire, the travelling Grandma comes to visit.


What a long time it has taken me to get back to my blog. Life is just soooo busy these days and it seems much simpler to post to Facebook.

I am returning with a wonderful new guest.

Please say hello to Madame Muriel, the Stitching Granny. Madame Muriel is a world traveller and Erin from Fairy Tales and French Knots www.ftnfk.blogspot.com has sent her to me.  For the next few months she will be travelling throughout my home area and country. Madame Muriel comes with a journal in which to write of her adventures. She will be posting to this blog on occasion to fill you in on her stay. I will let her speak for herself.

.



Hello to all my fellow stitchers. After a very uncomfortable trip stuffed in a plastic container and a cardboard box, I have arrived in Canada. Now, I don't know much about this country so I am hoping to learn lots. My new hostess brought me out of the box, plunked me down on her sewing machine and started snapping pictures. I gather that is the Canadian flag that I am holding. It is bigger then me. After taking the photos, she plunked me back in the plastic container and promptly forgot about me. Apparently, she was busy entertaining guests. I did see a lot of beer cans, wine bottles and a great deal of laughter. This morning she finally remembered I am here and is now introducing me to you. I understand we are leaving on Friday for a 2 week trip to the "cottage". I'm not sure what that entails but I will fill you in. I hope I am better treated from here on in.

Hmm, I can see that Madame Muriel is going to be a demanding guest. I will try to be a better hostess from here on.

I do have a couple of finishes to show you.

Bent Creek's Stitching Row on Zweigart's 32 count Lugana -Vanilla Chocolate Swirl. This was a quick stitch and I am very happy with it. I will make it into a small roll pillow later.



My next finish is Joan Elliott's Swirling Peacock on 32 Count Lugana - Silvermist (custom dyed paler) from Stephanie  Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. I loved this one. It is so sparkly and there were lots of beads and Kreinik. The entire moon is Kreinik! I will finish this into a pillow. I will be on the hunt for some peacock feather fabric to use.




A fellow stitcher stitched this lovely piece - Nora Corbett's Letter M. She is not a beading fan and she sent it to me and I beaded it for her. She was so happy she added my initials to the piece when she had it framed. I was thrilled.


My BFF Beatrice and I quilted these fun wallhangings together. 


I will be posting much more now that Madame Muriel is visiting. I am sure she will keep me motivated. LOL

Until then, keep those needles smoking and be sure to stay "frog free".








18 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hello Madame Muriel! You'll enjoy Canada, it's alot like England but with bigger scenery and more bears.

Love the JE peacock, especially the Kreinik moon, that's a real test of your stitching patience.

Sharon said...

That peacock is jaw-dropping gorgeous! You are a true artisan with Kreinik and beads! Love that your friend added your name to her piece. :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Kathy.

Linda

Deanne J said...

Beautiful finishes. Looking forward to Madam Muriel's adventures.

Vickie said...

Fantastic work! Love the Bent Creek piece.
The quilting you and your friend did together is great!

valerie said...

Looking forward to hearing about Mdme. M's adventures. Your peacock finish is gorgeous! Such a stunner. Can't wait to see it's transformation into a pillow.

Erin said...

I'm glad she arrived safely! (Did she bring a gift for you?)

Angela said...

Love all of your finishes but the JE Peacock is stunning! I have been admiring the Silvermist color of fabric from Stephsfabbys and now that I have seen yours I know it is perfect for what I want to stitch next :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Nice to see you back, and Madame Muriel. Love your work, the peacock is just stunning.

Brigitte said...

Wow!!! What a stunning finish this peacock is. I can not imagine how many stitching hours went into this piece. It's looking gorgeous. And congratulations on the other stitching and quilting finishes.

Nice to see your house guest Miss Muriel. Looking forward to hearing more of her.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful, beautiful Peacock.
I hope Muriel enjoys her stay.
Marilyn

Bonnie Brown said...

Can't wait to meet Madame Muriel!
She sounds like she is going to be a demanding guest!
Love the peacock and Stirching row!
You and Beatrice and making some wonderful pieces this summer

Anna van Schurman said...

I'm happy to see where Muriel has ended up! I will endeavor to keep the links to your posts about your visit up-to-date on my blog.

Your peacock is FANTASTIC!

Carol said...

So good to see what you've been up to Kathy--lovely work as always! Sounds like you're going to have your hands full with Madame Muriel!! What a hoot :)

SnowySticher said...

glad to see you again, and hummmm enjoy your houseguest

Andrea said...

The peacock is just stunning. Hello to Madame Muriel.

Judy S. said...

Glad to see you back! That peacock is fabulous! Madame M. should keep your life interesting.....

Suz said...

That peacock has been totally added to my wishlist.

So much wow.