Sunday 17 August 2014

Summer Stitching

The nicest thing about the cottage, besides the peace and quiet, is the amount of stitching time I have.
There are few obligations other than a mandatory bathroom clean and floor sweep that need to be done.

And so I stitch.

My stitching progresses

Rahenna's Band Sampler RR. This was a quick and very satisfying stitch. I loved how it came together.




My Desert Mandala. I have completed the top two borders and the two corners except for the specialty stitches and the beads. I can now see an end in sight for this 5 year WIP.


I stitched up Oakley Owelet from Just Nan.


From the Chicago Retreat by Cathy of Hands on Design I stitched this.


When I returned from the cottage, I had a very full mailbox. These are some of the things in the box.

 I have joined Stephanie's Fabric of the Month Club. My first fabric is Bewitched 32 count lugana. I ordered two special dyed pieces Melody (for the 2014 Passione Ricamo 20th anniversary Mystery) and Red (for a Raise the Roof  design). Here are my beautiful fabrics.


I belong to a Facebook exchange group and I won this lovely giveaway from Marie and stitched it up.



My Birthday Floss Exchange group on Facebook has a Secret Stitcher Sister exchange running right now. Here is my gift from my SSS. Pretty, pretty threads and a girl can never have too many pairs of scissors.


From my dear friend Ginny - this lovely project bag made by Karen and other goodies. I had stitched a piece on Ginny's Joan Elliott RR that was blank.



 I so enjoyed stitching it and did not expect such a lovely gift in return. 


On my way home from Arizona this winter during those long hours in the car I wove this afghan for a dear family member who has moved into their beautiful new home. It was well received.


If those of you out there in blog land are still reading my blog, please leave me a comment so that I can say hello to you.

Madame Muriel's adventures are in the post below.

and now, since the Laundry fairy has not arrived for her regular shift, I will say goodbye and get on with my laundry.

23 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Still. Here, loved your progress on your stitching. Your gifts are wonderful

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The band sampler is looking great. We are so close to the finish now, they are really getting rather long!

You also received some great presents and stash too. How sweet of Ginnie to send you a Thank You too. Her Geisha RR is stunning.

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching and lovely gifts my dear
Hugs x

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Such a wonderfully pretty post! Have a great night!

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and gifts Kathy.

Linda

Michele B. said...

Still here and so glad you are back!

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely stitching from being at the cottage! I'd offer to be your laundry fairy, but first you would need to invent an instant transport machine.

Robin in Virginia

Rowyn said...

Beautiful stitching, as always!

andrea said...

I read your blog although I don't have a blog of my own. I think your blog was one of the first stitching blogs I found. Is the afghan huck weaving? It's so beautiful.

Kathy A. said...

Andrea the afghan is indeed huck (Swedish) weaving.

Brenda said...

Such wonderful gifts that you received. Beautiful stitching as well!!!

Maureen said...

Oh your wips are gorgeous. Love the desert mandala!

Tracy J said...

I am still reading your blog from a very hot summer in az.
Tracy J

Lulu said...

Wow your desert mandala looks so amazing!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. Love the mandala designs, so much work but absolutely beautiful. Great goodies on your return from your trip.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching I love the new fabric you've got it looks stunning

Bonnie Brown said...

WOW!
Lots of awesome progress this month!

Jan said...

Hello Cathy! I met up with yourself and Dani some years ago at a stitching retreat in Ganonoque.....I really missed your posts. I feel like I have gotten to know a lot about you and your stitching sisters. My wish would be to meet you again one day. I am bring a square to Knowledge and Needles soon. Maybe then.....Janice, Ottawa, on.

Von said...

How marvelous to get so much stitching time!! I know if I was a better manager of my time, I'd get back to my projects and get something accomplished. :D

Kathy A. said...

Jan please contact me by email drewsgrands@hotmail.com and we will try to connect with you.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy you've done a lot of fantastic stitching at the cottage!! I can't wait to see your mandala when its all FINISHED!

Margaret said...

So good to find your blog again Kathy. I missed it once you left to go on Facebook.

You have been doing such gorgeous stitching.

Since I last "spoke" to you we have acquired 1 SIL and two grandchildren have been born. They are sooo adorable. We have also moved (to Michigan) but whether or not we will stay here or go back to LV is still a big unknown.

hugs, Margaret

Brigitte said...

So much great stitching during the time in the cabin. That band sampler is looking just gorgeous, just as the other pieces.
Since I am retired I often have a day when I stitch fir hours, just as much as I want to. It's like heaven.