We arrived at our oldest son's house on Friday for a visit before heading south. After dinner, our son told us he had heard from his endocronologist again. The endo sent his MRI to another doctor who found the tumor (about 5 mm) and they decided it had to come out sooner than later. They also informed my son that his thyroid has grown back. The thyroid is one of the few glands that can regenerate. They told him it will also have to come out in a seperate surgery. The endo is contacting a surgeon to do the surgeries. We have cancelled all plans for now. We will stay home until our son hears from the surgeon and we have some indication of when things will happen. Our house is closed up so we will be living with our two sons alternately for the foreseeable future.
My son, DIL and granddaughter are all being very brave. DH and I are trying to be brave too.
Please keep up all those prayers. We need them!!