..... a lot like Christmas. I have spent the last two days decorating for Christmas. Our children and grandchildren will be here this weekend and we will celebrate Christmas/Thanksgiving on Sunday.
And so we have ( Warning - Photo intensive!!!)
1. a decorated Christmas tree full of nutcracker and other special ornaments and under the tree the Nativity that Leo brought back from his tour in Israel
2. Nutcrackers on the end table
3. Nutcracker music box on the sofa table - beside my stitching
4. Nutcracker mat on the dining table
5. Nutcrackers on the beam across the room
6. Nutcrackers at the door
7. Nutcracker placemats on the sun room table
8. Nutcrackers in front of the TV and a nutcracker in my cabinet of Swarovski collectibles
9. Nutcrackers on the fridge in front of the hunting cabin made by my dad
10. Nutcracker quilt on the rocking chair
11. Nutcracker dishes in the kitchen
12. Nutcrackers and whirlygigs (right one is nutcrackers) on the chest
13. Nutcrackers on the floor
14. Christmas Hat on the giraffe (Leo's trip to Kenya) and snowmen on the chairs
15. and last but not least, the travelling tree - this tree holds ornaments purchased on our travels including Elvis in his gold lame suit!
And there was time to stitch.
I finished this Stitcher's Sampler and then made it into a pillow.
Sophia's RR arrived in my mailbox.
She has selected the Pixies from Mirabilia. I have never seen anyone so organized. She has it all laid out, including the patterns and sections she would like us to pick from. She will stitch those not selected when she gets it back. I chose Violet
and am making good progress.
And Santa came to visit - in the name of Patti of Tapestry of Dreams. I won her blogaversary and look at the wonderful stash that arrived in my mailbox today.
HO HO HO.
Take care one and all and Merry Christmas!